Excel in your Musical Journey THROUGH PRIVATE LESSONS WITH THE DAY SCHOOL OF THE ARTS
The Day School of the Arts provides excellence in music education for all students, regardless of playing ability, background, or learning style. When a student begins with the Day School of the Arts we evaluate their abilities, the ways they excel, and where they might find challenges as a musician. Our goal is to support each student from where they are.
Private instruction helps a student develop their natural talents. One-on-one lessons focus on the core principles of playing an instrument and allow the student to receive immediate feedback, corrections, assurances, and practice tips from a professional music educator.
WHAT CAN YOU COUNT ON AT THE DAY SCHOOL OF THE ARTS?
At the Day School of the arts you’ll find a private lesson that is tailored to the individual student musician.
- In-studio/In-person private music lessons for violin, viola, cello, bass, and piano
- Virtual private music lessons for violin, viola, cello, bass, and piano
- 30-minute, 45-minute, or 60-minute lesson options
- Highly qualified instructors
- Unique lesson approach for each student
- An inclusive and welcoming environment
- Convenient make-up lesson policies
THREE easy STEPS
TO START PRIVATE LESSONS AT THE DAY SCHOOL OF THE ARTS:
- Contact us. You can do this by clicking the link below, coming into our shop, calling us, or sending a message. This first connection allows us to schedule a trial lesson for your student with one of our highly qualified instructors.
- Take the trial lesson. Arrive at the studio for your trial lesson with your instrument. We encourage students to bring the music they are currently working on to help our instructor understand the level of playing ability. After you finalize your trial lesson, you’ll meet with our lesson coordinator to decide if the instructor is a good fit for your student. If it’s a good fit, we will schedule weekly lessons. If it’s not a good fit we can look at other instructor options that may have a different approach that will better support your student.
- Welcome to the Day School of the Arts! You are now a full studio member and will continue to work with your instructor each week. We can’t wait to see how you progress as you develop technique, sound quality, and work on music for performances, recitals, and auditions.
I'M READY TO SCHEDULE MY TRIAL LESSON!
Gallery of Instructors
Meet our private lesson instructors! Private lessons are offered by experienced musicians that are both instructors and performers. These industry professionals will guide your students on their musical journey.
As you look through our gallery of instructors you’ll find school orchestra directors, members of professional orchestras, and soloists and musicians who are actively performing. Many have studied at prestigious conservatories and institutions such as Julliard, Eastman, Peabody, Cleveland Institute of Music, Indiana, and more.
TO TAKE PRIVATE LESSONS AT THE DAY SCHOOL OF THE ARTS
- Private lessons allow students and instructors to focus on technique, sound quality, and music theory to further develop musicianship.
- Private lessons include a curriculum tailored to the unique needs and goals of each student.
- Private lessons help students develop confidence and become more resilient. They learn to manage stress and anxiety and become more disciplined in practice and study.
- Private lessons provide students with a mentor to guide them on their musical journey, as they continue to grow and make progress.
Private lessons FAQ
Most frequent questions and answers
You can schedule another trial lesson with a different instructor. Our instructors develop relationships with students and their families and become a mentor to the student. We want to make sure the educational philosophy of the instructor and the learning style of the student are a good match!
You can ask to be placed on the waitlist for a particular instructor. You can also schedule a trial lesson with another instructor. We will work with you to find a good match!
Please review the Studio Policies for guidance regarding absences and make-up lessons. We can also offer a virtual option if you are unable to attend your regularly scheduled in-person lesson.
You can discontinue private lessons by sending notice in writing with two weeks notice.
Yes! You will need a strong internet connection, a camera, speaker, and microphone. A virtual lesson gives you the same excellent educational opportunities as an in-person lesson.
If you choose virtual lessons, we encourage you to watch for in-person programming opportunities like group classes, masterclasses and audition prep.